When you downie, bake a brownie! Our decadent chocolate brownie is nothing short of scrumptious and super easy to bake.
A delicious brownie which can be eaten as is, or zhuzhed up with toppings like salted caramel, chocolate ganache or nutty fillings.
Servings: 12 Brownies
- Handheld or Stand Mixer
- 8 inch / 15 cm square baking pan
- 600 g Brownie Premix
- 4 large Eggs
- 120 g Butter or Margarine Butter will yield a richer more decadent brownie
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celsius and line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine Brownie Premix and Eggs and mix for 1-minute on slow speed with paddle attachment or handheld mixer.
- Melt butter or margarine in microwave.
- Add Melted Margarine to brownie mix and mix for 1-minute on slow speed.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of your mixing bowl and continue to mix on high speed for 5-minutes.
- Pour the batter into your baking pan lined with parchment paper. Use a rubber spatula to spread it to all four sides of the pan and smooth the top.
- Finally, bake! Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Best Brownie Recipe Tips
- It’s better to pull them out too early than to leave them in too long. No one likes dry brownies, so err on the side of caution when you’re making this recipe. Bake them until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs attached. If you’re on the fence, go ahead and take them out of the oven. They’ll continue to firm up as they cool!
- Wait for them to cool. Try your best to resist eating these guys straight out of the oven. Letting them cool makes them gooier and fudgier, and they’ll be less likely to crumble when you slice them. Plus, they’ll have an even richer chocolate flavor. Trust me, it’s worth the wait