Hello Little Bakers!
We hope you are excited to have received our very first Monthly Subscription Box. It’s the beginning of a new school year, a year full of new adventures and opportunities to grow. Our first box is a Back to School theme bake, a yummy Oats Crunchie treat for your lunchbox. This is one of my favourite treats at the bakery and I often get into trouble for eating all the off cuts. Annie and I had so much fun baking these Oats Crunchie Bars and we hope you have as much fun and create as many happy memories with your family.
As we have all learnt, Sharing is Caring, and we would love for you to share your treats with your friends and teachers. In your box you will find packaging with colourful twine and gift tags. Use these to make yummy gifts for your teacher or bestie.
Also in your box are a few fun back to school stickers which you can use to brighten up your homework books, as well as a sheet of lunchbox notes which you can cut out for mommy to use when she packs your lunchbox. We know she already jam packs it full of love, but these little notes are extra reminders of how much she loves you.
If you look at the back of your booklet, you will see there are two bookmarks which you can paste onto the colourful paper included in your box. You can then cut out these bookmarks and use them to save your place in all the wonderful stories you will read this year.
Every month you will also receive a baking tool to add to your collection. This month we have included a mini spatula which is going to come in handy in the next few months as we stir and bake up a storm!
Lastly, Annie and I recorded an unboxing video for you to watch and have also detailed step-by-step instructions below. We’ve included the full recipe so you can recreate these delicious treats at home as we are sure they will become a firm favourite in your lunchbox!
Thank you for joining us on our baking adventure, we can’t wait to share this journey and bake many happy memories with you.
Now, Let’s get baking!
- Mixing Bowl
- Spatula or Spoon
- 23 cm x 33 cm Baking Tin (you can also use an oven proof dish or roasting tray of similar size)
- 250 g Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarb
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of your baking tin or oven proof dish.
- Melt the syrup and butter together either in the microwave (1 minute intervals and stirring between each interval on medium heat) or in a pot on the stove.
- Combine all the dry ingredients: the flour, coconut, oats, salt, bicarb, sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Add the butter and syrup mixture to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into your prepared tin. Press the mixture firmly into the baking tray and bake in the oven until golden brown for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares while still a little soft. Remove from the baking tray when completely cool.